Monday, July 24, 2006

New Mural

Have a new client that's commissioning me for a number of murals and some faux work. Right now I'm working on one mural in their master bath and it's coming out pretty good. I'll post the progress as I go.

Here's the sketch. It's a tray ceiling, about 5'x5.5'. Not very big. The bathroom is decorated in a kind of French country style with quaint brick wallpaper with topiarys, butterflies, bugs and plants.

There will be a rail, a mango tree, and flora and fauna copied right from the wallpaper. An Ibis will be sitting on the rail. The perspective was hard here because you're looking up. I had to take photos of a porch rail at some hotel in order to get it right.

Day 1 I did the sky with impressionistic clouds. I'm deliberately keeping my colors muted.












Day 2 was the mango tree sans mangos. Again, very soft colors.

















Close-up of tree.

I've also put in most of the rail underpainting, but like the doofus that I am I deleted the photo. So It will have to wait for tomorrow.


I so badly need a new blog template. I realize this is probably ill formatted. But no time for that now! I'm lucky I'm even posting now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mooselet said...

Believe it or not I have a mango tree in my yard, and I don't even like mangos! Luckily for me it doesn't produce very well, but it is very leafy.

Beautiful work, as always.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home