Friday, April 28, 2006

Howie, Orlando, Painting and Kayaks






I've got this great black cat, Howie, who loves to jump up on my lap when I'm at the computer and then crawls up to rest on my boobs. His head goes under my chin and his front paws hug around my right shoulder. The rest of him....a formidable 11lb. shedding bag of purring black fur...must be held by my left hand, cradled like a baby. He does this every half hour or so if I'm working a long time.

I've had him since he was a kitten. He's my bud. He's also an eexperienced shoulder surfer, as you can see from the photo.

Got back from Orlando about a week ago but have been busy painting for a new client. Finished 4 bathrooms...2 plaster finishes, 1 multi-toned sponge finish, 1 grassy linen type of finish. This client also is getting a 1400 sf. grand room done, 2 other baths, 6 columns to be marbled, a few ceiling medallions and I think that's it. I think by the end of that gig I can afford a rather nice laptop :)

Here are the 4 finished bathrooms:











































We're going back to Orlando probably Sunday. I get back to paint the grand room on the 7th of May.

Matt and I are buying kayaks real soon, we're shopping around now. If you haven't kayaked, well, GO, dang it!! It helps that we are surrounded by water, and anytime you want to boat, you stick the yak in the back of the truck, pull up somewhere and throw it in. Tomorrow we go kayak fishing with a friend of ours.

That's it for now. Life is good.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, Kayaks!

What a noble pursuit indeed! The fresh air, the sting of the salt, the warm sun on your throbbing shoulders. Muscles rippling as they pull their own taunt girth through the heaving wet sea. A glisten of sweat, a deep breath, the satisfaction of leaving a wake. Oh glorious paddle, where shall I be without you? To look deep into the depths of the salty sea is to look deep into the very depths of your soul!!!!

No, I'm not gay.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Bostonbootgirl said...

Yes, yes you are. Probably have one of those rainbow paddle stickers on your Prius, don't you? Hippie!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Mooselet said...

WTF is with that first comment? I know I'm tired and therefore kinda loopy, but honestly...

Now, can you please fly to Australia and rescue my house from the colour scheme the previous elderly, British and apparently colour-blind owners left me with? My kitchen is lilac for heaven's sake!

6:05 AM  
Blogger Bostonbootgirl said...

Moose, that first comment is from my lovely Matt. He has a dry sense of odd humor. Also, he was well into half a bottle of Yellowtail Merlot that evening when he was browsing my blog.

No, he's not gay. But he does like kayaking an awful lot.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home