Monday, May 15, 2006

New Blog Name?

I'm thinking of coming up with a new blog name. Bostonbootgirl is something I came up with a few years back because I've always worn Doc Martens and I'm from the Boston region. Plus, bootgirl or bootboy is a Skinhead or Oi term of sorts, and seeing I come from working class roots (STILL working class for that matter!) and I love streetpunk or Oi music, I figured, why the hell not?

But honestly, I don't live in Boston anymore. I live in Florida. It's too hot to wear big Doc's unless I go to a show or work, so I wear a lot of sandals and flip-flops. Amazingly, Floridaflipflopgirl sounds all wrong. Go figure.

And...I've never called myself Skinhead, although I've shaved my head many times and I shop at Army Navy stores. I just don't subscribe to be a full-fledged member of any club. I don't need anyone judging me because I'm not wearing or listening to the right stuff. I'm 36, dammit. I didn't give a rats ass at 17, I'll be damned if I give one now.

Funny thing is, a friend produced a great punk compilation called Blank The World and the opening credits thank Matt and Bostonbootgirl. Shite. Mebbe I'm stuck with it.

I don't want to use my real name. I like a little bit of anonymity, so I can rant and rage with some privacy. So what will it be? Or maybe I should keep it??

Any suggestions?

(BTW, those are my boots in photo, and I AM wearing skivvies. Red ones. Ooh la la, ya'll.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Mooselet said...

I like the new look - much more you than the pink!

Oh geez a new name, hey? Look, I had a tough time naming my kids and I still use the nickname from childhood over on my not-very-original blogname. You may not live in Boston anymore, but you're still very much a Boston girl. I think Bostonbootgirl fits you, for what it's worth.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Bostonbootgirl said...

Pink? huh? are you talking about the one's with Oscar on them? No, not de la Renta, the GROUCH!

I'm glad you're still Moose. You will always be Moose. Even though there has never been any physical reason whatsoever to metaphor you Moose.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Mooselet said...

No darl, the pink blog background. I know we're good friends and all, but I don't spend a lot of time checking out your knickers. :-) But full credit for posing in them and then posting it.

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Mark. I've been reading you for awhile and have to ask you how you get your laces to look perfect. Your technique seems to be tight and neat. Would you be able to send advice to my E-Mail? "disillusionedcarbonhost@gmail.com".... I've gotten about 30 people this year to follow up on you for your interesting blogs! Mark Bye, I love your work. I wonder if you're ever on MySpace if you'd like mine? I'm writing from Chicopee, Mass.

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home