Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Mural in Progress Days 4-5

Day 4:
Anyway, here it is with most of the rail worked out, with tape still up. The tray ceiling is pretty square so any warped corners you see is because of the cheapy camera I have.

I had serious issues with the perspective on all balasters not in the corners. They were all taped off, which hid any anamolies, but once I took most of the tape down it looked strange. I had to do a lot of panicky fixing. To me, it still doesn't look 100%.

Day 3, which I didn't log, had the rail painted but no highlights. It was pretty much just flat beige and not attractive.






Day 5:
With the most of the rail done and tape down.











Day 5:
Highlight wash added to under side shadow part of rail to lighten it up.













Day 5:
Mangos are added! I bought mangos at the grocery for this. They still need some shadows and highlights.

















Day 5:
Closeup of mangoes. You can see the odd perspective on one of the balusters, the one directly to the left of the corner baluster. You can't really notice it when you're in the room, and the wife really loved it when she saw it. It still bugs me, being the anal retentive perfectionist (in art, anyway).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home