Monday, August 16, 2004

I Am Dilbert. Hear Me Moan.

Finally. A week home to do office work. O Joy. I have so much to catch up on. They gave me a laptop to use for office work while I travel, and as soon as I get it just how I want it, the screen goes black. So all the important stuff I gotta do just has to wait until now. My inbox is stuffed to the gills. And this Dilbert-speak is making me ill.

The phone they gave me can't make calls unless you stand near a window. My first batch of biz cards said "Regional Mananger". They didn't believe me that it was spelled wrong so I had to scan the damn thing and send it to them! Everyday new rules, mandates, conventions, whatever you call it...are changed back and forth. I have no job description. They tell me...stay home. They tell me... we need this done, go do it! They tell me...we don't want you working weekends or nights. Then they send me an URGENT email after 7 on Friday night saying they need this or that by Monday at 9 am.

This will be a good week. I can catch up and get a grip. Plus, I've got 4 new paintings I'm working on that I can do in between breaks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home