Friday, December 23, 2005

FUNGUS Among us


Where else can you hear The Templars, Dead Kennedys, Against Me!, Youth of Today, Dropkick Murphys, Bane, Circle Jerks, Flogging Molly, Buzzcocks, AFI, Sick of it All, MC5, old Ramones, The Unseen, The Meteors, Oxymoron, Black Flag, The Addicts, Dag Nasty, Manic Hispanic, DI, Southern Culture on the Skids and surf rock???????

No, not just your mother's old vinyl collection. Fungus 53 on XM Satellite radio is THE best resource for old and new punk, oi, hardcore, ska, surf rock and cowpunk. They make up for one lousy Green Day song with 50 songs all in a row from classic bands like those above. You will hear shit you never heard before. They are not afraid to play anything and everything, new and ancient history.

If you're thinking of getting Howard on Sirius, I understand completely, but if you want great punk rock that is accessible 24/7 then you need XM. I cannot stress enough how fucking good this station is. It's about damn time too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mooselet said...

How I wish we had satellite radio here. "Regualar" radio really sucks ass, to be frank, with the vast majority of stations playing "the best of the 80's, 90's and now"... which means a lot of garbage. I miss my hard rock/metal music. Hell, even listening to the Wiggles is better than the crap on the radio, or I listen to talk balk AM stuff.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Gabe said...

XM kicks major ass!
Fungus, Squizz, and High Voltage (I.E., Opie and Anothony) are my first 3 pre-sets. I keep a pen and paper close by for bands I hear on Fungus and Squizz that I haven't heard before and I can go find their CD's.
I turned on WBCN (one of the Boston "rock" stations, for those not from New England) the other day because everyone was talking about how bad David Lee Roth sucked and I wanted to hear it for myself. Yup, he sucks serious swamp water. Now I know why I bought XM. There's no way the "free radio" stations would play bands like The 4-Skins, Cock Sparrer, Jello Biafra, The Melvins, hell, the other day I heard S.O.A., which was Henry Rollin's band before he replaced Dez in Black Flag. Definitely great stuff.

And for those who have DirecTV, you get most of the XM stations where the DirecTV music stations were, up in the 800's

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home