Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Angies's List


Here's an interesting link for anyone who wants to find "word-of-mouth" reviews on anything from home contractors, hairstylists, mechanics and even vetrinarians.

http://www.angieslist.com/AngiesList/

I just joined, it's free to join in FL since it's just starting up here. Might not be free elsewhere. So far I've been able to leave good reviews on my gym, vet and mechanic, and I've read reviews on painters and landscapers. If you are as sick of bad service as I am...this is your chance to do something about it. If you know of a service that is great, and deserves more business, you can do something about that too.

Right now in FL we are experiencing an amazing amount of contractor dishonesty since everyone is here trying to make a buck off of hurricane damage. This is a good resource for homeowners to separate the goats from the stallions.

As someone who is in business, I really go out of my way to give exceptional work for a reasonable price. I try to show up on time, listen to my clients, provide more than they expected, and above all respect their needs and budgets. Is that so hard these days? I like Angie's List because I can keep an eye on things I need to improve by seeing what matters most to people, and because I'm a consumer who is fed up with businesses that insult my intelligence while attempting to take my money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home