Sunday, August 06, 2006

New Marbled Columns

Here are the columns I just finished for my newest clients. This is the same bathroom where I just finished that mural. There were 4 columns in all. The first shot shows what they looked like all prepped and primed. I had to sand the living crap out of them with an electric sander because the wood grain was really prominent and marble columns with a wood grain isn't atractive, plus the builders that installed them used that nasty cheap paint that flakes off everywhere. I also sand between every coat of primer and paint so the columns will feel just as good as they look. I don't want hair, dust and shmeg mucking up my nice smooth columns!! They are finished with a coat of clear gloss. I'll be going back later to start another mural, and also to recoat the columns for extra protection.




















Here are the sample boards. The client went with the rose/tan one (the one on top, they are all subtle)



















Finished column, base.



















Finished column, top.





















Today we're going to the Bass Pro Shop down the street to look at fishing rods. Going to Bass Pro on a SUNDAY???? I guess we're crazy. But we really want to get into fishing since we're surrounded by water everywhere we look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home